Fresh8 is a totally unique and innovative technology business, offering - what could be called a “Next Generation” product for world leading gambling operators and publishers.
We’re constantly breaking new ground in sports betting advertising, by offering a game changing range of automated tooling across display, programmatic, affiliate, social media and video channels that instantly connect sports fans with personalised bets.
Through the use of our advertising tools, we’re helping clients including The Telegraph, Marca.com, SkyBet, William Hill and Ladbrokes Coral to more efficiently acquire new customers and increase yield from existing customers.
We have grown to a team of nearly 40 strong staff across offices in Bristol and London.
Since 2014, we have landed a series of awards including Services Rising Star at EGR B2B Awards and have recently landed a new injection of funding to continue our rapid growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As QA Analyst you will be responsible for testing all areas of the F8 technology stack.
This involves testing advert campaign configuration and ad UI as well as placing bets.
As part of the Quality Assurance team you will be expected to contribute to each sprint by providing test plans and testing functionality for the Ad Tech and Console work streams.
A significant part of the work will involve manual testing but you will also help the company work towards full automation of testing by writing your own automated tests and contributing to existing automated test suites.
Your main responsibility is to make sure that everything we release is of the highest quality.
- Support the QA Manager in providing QA services to the company
- Work alongside Product Owners, Service Owners and Developers as part of an agile team
- Create test plans
- Provide input to daily project standups
- Provide test coverage for new Ad tech and Console functionality
- Provide test coverage for Bet Slip
- Regression test existing functionality
- Test manually using mobile devices
- Apply your problem-solving skills to technical testing issues
- Provide input into the improvement of development and testing processes
- Be passionate about technology
- Believe in continual improvement
- Keep up to date with the latest software development technologies
- Proactively drive innovation with new ideas and solutions
- Maintain testing wiki and documentation to a high standard
- Be an advocate for QA services across the company
We want a new QA Analyst to have an intermediate level of experience in writing automated tests in one of the following key areas of expertise for Fresh8.
Key Areas of Technical Expertise:
Frontend Workflow Tests
- End-to-end functional tests used to validate that completion of a key workflow is possible
- Good for testing longer workflows like creating an override in Fresh8 Console
Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Functional tests with a human-readable layer that describes in English what the tests do
- Product Owner writes the requirements and these are plugged directly into the tests in order to create the code
- Will be used to test future Fresh8 projects.
Visual Regression Automated Testing
- UI tests that take a screenshot of ads before and after deployment and flag up changes to the UI
- Examples of testing frameworks include Puppeteer, Wraith and Gemini
- Writing automated tests for Machine Learning and Big Data projects
- In terms of Fresh8 QA this is a new area, so we would need someone capable of coming in and introducing a new testing framework and testing practices
- Fresh8 is interested in User Behaviour, so things like click-through rate, page impressions and other interactions with adverte
Our reward and benefits culture
We pay our team competitively and regularly review salaries to reflect the changing market and development of our colleagues.
Our benefits are focused on supporting all staff no matter their priorities and include:
- Flexible working practises, most of the team work from home one day a week. We care about the job you do not where you do it from
- Get some well-deserved rest with 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- A generous hardware budget to help you choose the right tools for the job
- Pension scheme with matched contributions
- Health insurance which includes gym; Dental cover and other health related product discounts
- A Perkbox account with all the goodness and discounts that come with it
- Team outings and inter-office socials, we have offices both in Bristol and London