Fresh8 is a totally unique and innovative technology business, offering - what could be called a “Next Generation” product for world leading gambling operators and publishers.
We’re constantly breaking new ground in sports betting advertising, by offering a game changing range of automated tooling across display, programmatic, affiliate, social media and video channels that instantly connect sports fans with personalised bets.
Through the use of our advertising tools, we’re helping clients including The Telegraph, Marca.com, SkyBet, William Hill and Ladbrokes Coral to more efficiently acquire new customers and increase yield from existing customers.
We have grown to a team of nearly 40 strong staff across offices in Bristol and London.
Since 2014, we have landed a series of awards including Services Rising Star at EGR B2B Awards and have recently landed a new injection of funding to continue our rapid growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are hiring for a Back End Developer interested in the kinds of challenges that come with delivering high throughput personalised content to a global subscriber base, crunching large datasets and preparing for a 20 fold increase in demand.
We've built an innovative marketing automation platform that connects sports fans with betting content they will love. Our whole stack is built on open source and we contribute back wherever possible, check us out on Github.
We're hiring for a Back End Developer to work across the application layers of our microservice-based Web service-driven architecture. We've been running Go in production for over four years, and we're ready to support your learning as you cross train to Go and Node.js, getting you started on projects that suit your strengths.
We’re about collaboration and openness, with a fairly flat team structure. We’re fast moving and we iterate and ship code fast.
We're expanding rapidly and now is a great time to join us with lots of great software to write as we scale out our technology.
We're currently working on
- Automated scaling of our platform to handle over 20x spikes in requests
- Improving stability across the platform using monitoring of metrics, profiling services, and benchmarking core functionality
- Reducing developer toil by automating repetitive tasks for integrations of new clients and third party feeds
- Building data pipelines to facilitate business intelligence and user segmentation for advanced ad targeting
- Exploring containerisation across the platform to orchestrate microservices, improve time to deployment pipelines, and reduce infrastructure costs
We're looking for
- Someone with proven back end coding skills using a modern language
- Experience with productionising microservices; health checks, load balancing, service discovery, metrics, circuit breaking, etc.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent understanding
- Familiarity with Agile working practices
- Experience utilising databases, SQL or NoSQL
- Deep understanding of approaches to testing
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git
- Someone ready for Senior level Back End Developer jobs in Bristol such as: Go Developer | Golang Developer | Java Developer | Node.js Developer | PHP Developer | Python Developer | Ruby Developer | Back End Developer etc.
You may also bring - or like to gain - skills in any of the following
- Professional experience with Go
- Optimisation and scaling of microservices
- Docker and containerisation
- gRPC and protobuf
We'll help you get up to speed on our technology mix
Go (aka Golang) | microservices | Node.js | Python | BigQuery | Prometheus / Kibana | PostgreSQL | Redis | Aerospike | distributed systems | Google Pub/Sub | GCP technologies | machine learning | Kanban | TDD | and more...
Our reward and benefits culture
We pay our team competitively and regularly review salaries to reflect the changing market and development of our colleagues.
Our benefits are focused on supporting all staff no matter their priorities and include:
- Flexible working practises, most of the team work from home one day a week. We care about the job you do not where you do it from
- Get some well-deserved rest with 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- A generous hardware budget to help you choose the right tools for the job
- Pension scheme with matched contributions
- Health insurance which includes gym; Dental Cover and other health related product discounts
- A Perkbox account with all the goodness and discounts that come with it
- Team outings and inter-office socials, we have offices both in Bristol and London