Fresh8 is a totally unique and innovative technology business, offering - what could be called a “Next Generation” product for world leading gambling operators and publishers.
We’re constantly breaking new ground in sports betting advertising, by offering a game changing range of automated tooling across display, programmatic, affiliate, social media and video channels that instantly connect sports fans with personalised bets.
Through the use of our advertising tools, we’re helping clients including The Telegraph, Marca.com, SkyBet, William Hill and Ladbrokes Coral to more efficiently acquire new customers and increase yield from existing customers.
We have grown to a strong team of over 40 strong staff across offices in Bristol and London.
Since 2014, we have landed a series of awards including Services Rising Star at EGR B2B Awards and have recently landed a new injection of funding to continue our rapid growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re hiring for a Data Engineer to work on the evolving data platform within our microservice-based architecture. The data pipeline is backed by Google Cloud Pubsub for messaging and has microservices written in both Go and Python.
We utilise Google BigQuery as the data warehouse with several reporting APIs built on top of it. We have a bespoke microservice which uses machine learning to classify content using named-entity recognition to extract entities to ensure high accuracy of ad placement.
You’ll want to work here because you get a say in new technologies and approaches and you want to work in a team that regularly delivers code to production.
You’ll have a solid understanding of a modern programming language used for data processing and are interested in learning Go, a language we’ve been using in production for 4 years.
Apply for this role if you are are a motivated candidate with strong analytical skills and you enjoy working closely with others.
What we’re currently working on / What’s in the pipeline
- Scaling our analytics platform to meet the demands of the business
- Building data pipelines to facilitate business intelligence and user segmentation for advanced ad targeting
- Processing vast amounts of data to surface crucial Business Intelligence driving decision making
- Working with our clients to build advanced user tracking and increase conversions after the point of interaction
- Introducing Machine Learning to drive self optimisation of our Classification Engine
We're looking for
- Someone with proven back end coding skills using a modern language
- A degree in Computer Science or other Engineering, Mathematics or similar
- Experience utilising databases, SQL, NoSQL and Big Data Tools
- Deep understanding of approaches to testing
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git
You may also bring - or like to gain - skills in any of the following
- Message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Kafka)
- ETL/data stream processing (e.g. Spark, Flink, Beam)
- Data warehouse maintenance
- Familiarity with basic machine learning and statistics concepts such as clustering, linear regression and decision trees
- Data visualisation and presentation skills
Our reward and benefits culture
We pay our team competitively and regularly review salaries to reflect the changing market and development of our colleagues.
Our benefits are focused on supporting all staff no matter their priorities and include:
- Flexible working practises, most of the team work from home one day a week. We care about the job you do not where you do it from
- Get some well-deserved rest with 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- A generous hardware budget to help you choose the right tools for the job
- Pension scheme with matched contributions
- Health insurance which includes dental cover, Gym and other health related product discounts
- A Perkbox account with all the goodness and discounts that come with it
- Team outings and inter-office socials, we have offices both in Bristol and London
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!